With the Christmas party season on the horizon, there’s never been a greater excuse to pile on the sparkles and sequins. Below are 8 dresses (and jumpsuits) that exude a little Christmas joy without being excessively garish.
1. This sparkly sequined dress would be ideal for glamorous evening cocktail parties. In terms of accompanying accessories, think chunky black heels, minimalistic jewellery (let the dress do the talking), and a matte red lip.
(don’t forget to use student discount!)
2. This stunningly dreamy Valentino-esque dress is a slightly more unusual take on the typical Christmas frock. Pink florals certainly don’t have to be limited to the summer season, and besides, the metallic silver slip makes it entirely suitable for the festive period. Team with layers of silver jewellery, a sleek up-do and a matching pink lip.
3. Jumpsuits nearly always make any outfit look effortlessly cool. This classic, brick-red Zara number is certainly no exception. Try pairing it with simple gold jewellery and heeled black sandals.
4. This midi metallic dress is very much on trend right now with its off-the-shoulder sleeves. The cut-outs combined with the longer dress length make for the perfect mix of demure sophistication and playfulness.
Again, opt for heeled-sandals and a bright, popping lip colour.
5.If you’re on the hunt for an ethereal, elegant maxi dress, this beauty may just be the ticket. Its subtle shimmery tones and timeless cut would make this dress perfect for Christmas balls, formals and the like. Add sparkly drop earrings for yet more sass.
6. There’s something about this dress that screams ‘Santa’s Little Helper’ (but in a good way). If any single colour were to be associated with Christmas, it would probably be red; go all out and opt for a deep red lipstick and black platform sandals.
7. This silver candy-striped dress is oh so adorable. Probably better suited to New Year’s Eve rather than a formal event, try teaming it with a high ponytail, oversized hoop earrings and, (dare I say), a pair of metallic trainers.
8. Maxi dresses are invariably elegant come the Christmas season. Albeit black in colour, the understated metallic threads render this dress suitable for all occasions. Overlay with a fur jacket for that classically glamorous look.
Share your Christmas ball/party outfits with us over social media:
Instagram @razzmagexeter and Twitter @Razzmag or #razzmag